At first startup Mood Board will shown a clean startup page where all you future mood boards will be shown. All commands that you can perform are available in the command bar at the bottom of the screen. Right click your mouse or swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to bring up this command bar.
Creating your first mood board
When on the start page create a new mood board with the “New Mood Board” command button that is available in the bottom application bar. This will bring up a small edit field where you can give your mood board a name. Select “Create Mood Board” to create and open your new mood board.
Adding content to your mood board
Open the bottom command bar and select the “Add Items” command. This will open a menu popup with different items and sources you can use to fill your mood board.
- “Select image from file” opens the file browser so you can select one or more items from your local drive to add
- “Take a picture” opens up the camera so you can directly add inspirations when on the go
- “Paste from clipboard” allows you to add an image or text that was placed on the clipboard from another application
- “Color palette” adds a colorstrip that you can edit to set the color swatches for your mood board
- “Text” adds a textual note that you can use for textual explanation of your creative vision
All items can be scaled, rotated and translated through multitouch interactions. When touching or dragging an item with the mouse that item will be brought to front.
Renaming a mood board
When on the mood boards overview page select the mood board you want to rename by right clicking it or selecting it with a swipe down. The command bar at the bottom of the screen will automatically open when you select a new mood board. Select “Rename board”, enter a new name and select “Rename Mood Board” to rename it. The new name will be shown below the selected mood board.
Deleting mood boards
When on the mood boards overview page select the mood board you want to delete by right clicking it or selecting it with a swipe down. The command bar at the bottom of the screen will automatically open when you select a new mood board. Select “Delete board” and confirm with the “Delete Mood Board” button. The mood board will be removed from the mood boards overview page.
- To rotate an item you can use two or more fingers or use single finger rotation by touching outside the center of the item. When dragging an item from the center it will not rotate.
- Note that large text objects have their center in the middle of the bounding rectangle
- To scale an item with the mouse use the scroll wheel while hovering over the item to scale.
- Mood boards will be saved automatically when changes are made or when you navigate back to the mood boards overview page.